PARD and Keystone are proud to support NCPA Foundation’s Disaster Relief Fund for Independent Pharmacy.
NCPA has created a special web page to help you find all pharmacy-related resources relevant to Hurricane Harvey. We’re adding new links regularly. Look for new items here in qAM as they are added.
- Make a donation to the NCPA Foundation’s Disaster Relief Fund. Your help is urgently needed to help maintain the fund so timely aid can be provided to affected independent pharmacies.
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster is coordinating volunteer efforts. So is the Texas chapter, TXVOAD.
- Healthcare Ready is helping route and coordinate supply donations. If your pharmacy has a healthcare supply need OR your pharmacy is able to donate supplies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests so far include oxygen concentrators, insulin, syringes, and other medical supplies.
- Information Regarding Insulin Storage and Switching Between Products in an Emergency is available from FDA. This includes patients who need to switch from an insulin pump to injections.
- Access and re-entry to flooded areas will be controlled by emergency managers for some time. For information on requesting access, please email ContactUs@HealthcareReady.org and use “Harvey re-entry for pharmacy” in the subject line.